July 3, 2015

Bennettville trail/Alabama Hills/Huntington Beach WOOOW!!



Yeh, the head photo was taken by mighty iphone once again
we spent quiet a while together the pass week because I finally asked for a week off in the middle of 2015 woohoo!






we went to the Huntington Dog Beach one day for a mini afternoon (sunset?) trip





should have write separate posts about it but we are going on to another adventure soon, to put these all together before we dive into the woods once again probably is the best right?




to arrive at 7pm wasn't my intention, thanks for the crazy traffic in LA, we got to see the stunning sunset at the beach and got several amazing photos!




the weather was super chill, not too much people, really should come during this time more if I could in the future, one big fail was I totally forgot to bring a towel that day...


















after few days we drove up for 6 hours back to one of my favorite trails - Bennettville because we couldn't join Ti family's trip last month and I really missed this place.




the weather report said it will have thunder storms that day after 6pm, we arrived around 4ish, the cloud already covered half of the sky




the sun only came out for 5 minutes and went a way again




that did killed the beauty of this trail, I almost started to wonder what made me love this place so bad that I have to drive 6 hours to visit again? It looks just okay to me...




what's worst, we were literally ATTACKED by thousands of mosquitoes, I had to wave my arms or keep running like it's zombie apocalypse going on to keep those little evil vampires away.




the sun didn't come out until we decided to retrieve, and boom, this is what I was talking about! still as pretty as I remembered!

unfortunately I got 20s of bite marks on my body after this battle...



















the next day we went to visit June Lake but shocked by how dirty it was that day, It changed quite a lot after our last visit. TJ Lake and Emerald Lake were packed with tourist, we couldn't even find a spot to park, so we drove south in the afternoon.

















it's an accident that I picked Alabama Hills for our last stop, it wasn't special when I checked those photos on the internet.




didn't have high expectations but Alabama Hills totally blew my mind, I couldn't close my mouth after I drove into this place.




we brought plenty of water, it was 110F that afternoon, I looked really closely to Actaeas and make sure he is doing okay all the times.



these volcanic rocks are nearly 85-200 million years old, Alabama Hills is also a popular filming location for westerns set.




there was only us, it's a mix feeling of relaxing and weird at the same time, nearly creepy to walk through this strange place, so silent and desolated, there are some ruins look like they use to be walls, we also found some campfire remains.




I felt like I could bump into a dino or an alien tribe in any minute and become a sacrifice to their volcano god.




or maybe they will worship Actaeas as a mythological animal base on their prophecy




Actaeas tried really hard to climb up to all the rocks just to fallow me when I was just finding a highest point for photo shoot, it does made me super worried.




 you know I will never ever ever leave you behind, you know that right baby?













Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...