March 11, 2015

Spring Blossoms Attack - Bakersfield / Fresno



The first day of Spring is in 2015 is on March 20, it is also called the spring quinox, me and T mom started to check the blossoms report on Fresno's official website not too crazy but 10 times a day, at first we were planing for a second visit to the Fresno Blossom Trail.






One day T mom threw me a link of So Cal wildflower reports page, I couldn't help but went on hacked all the photos and decided to give Carrizo Plain National Monument a try, so hello Bakersfield!








we drove passed beautiful mountains and hoping to see more blossoms but when we arrived at the location it was all dry and the view wasn't as good as what we saw along our way here








it wasn't a shot drive considered the path conditions, we drove really slow








this is what we got when we tried to conquer moody roads with a city car




Fiddleneck



so we let our furry kids out for a small run no matter what before turning back to the mountains




Leafy Stemmed Coreopsis



drove back, we stopped by the road when we found golden blossom








it was quite amazing, there were few people stopping by talking photos too








Actaeas looked like he was in sunflower fields doesn't he?








he was extremely happy because I brought him lots of fish for treats that day, Tiru also won't stop fallowing me around with sparkling poor dogie eyes








we moved on to the next spot and walked a little bit to the top of the hills









this place kept reminding me of Hobbiton from The Lord of the Rings, so peaceful and breath taking, how I love those round hills!








and you really need to open your eyes and see what's around you sir








we decided it's easier to take photos of 3 of them because our two dachshund sisters were drowning in the grass








treats time! oh here you are shorties!




Eschscholzia Californica (poppy)



I saw few California poppy too, not sure if we will visit poppy fields this year, and I really hope to see whole bunch of them in red someday in the future




Red Stem Filaree



good sign is I started to get use to carry my 70-200 around without having cramps in thumb muscle...




Tansy Phacelia (Phacelia Tanacetifolia)



those purple flowers wasn't fun, their steams went through my pants like niddles...
one thing I wanna see but missing was Baby Blue Eyes (Nemophila menziesii)



















after the Carrizo Plain National Monument we went up to Fresno, this may seems like a deja vu to you if you have read our previous article last year









but I think photos I took this year will bring up different feelings not only because I have a new gear, or the improvements of my skills




Peach blossoms



it's about my view changed after a year








didn't get a good angle when I took this shot so this picture looks way too epic, it supposed to be cute and lovely...








Tissue you were the only one not smiling! come on!








this is Tinkerbell's fist visit to Fresno, this trip is partially for her our birthday girl








Tiru was having a bad mood in the car because Actaeas just won't stop wagging and slapping her face








and this lady decided not to listen to her mom for entire afternoon








it started to turn hot after 3pm, just like last year








we went to the near by grapefruit farm for a short rest








this mini snow wolf was melting in the shade








it was a great short trip after a long time, maybe we haven't have overnight trips for quite a while, this visit totally burned us out








when I looked at the article I posted last year, I love to see what we've conquered, how we all grew "older" together, and also changed for the better, together.






oh in addition...






these are the treats I brought








they took 24hr to dry completely, I was worry about my dehydrator will explode, but the results totally paid off, smells too good! ;)








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...