February 9, 2014

awesome day at the Big Bear Lake(1) - Woodland Trail



we were at Big Bear Lake this Saturday, this place was just stunning! so peaceful and heavenly. 
air was chill but the sun shine was perfect and warm.






don't look at me like that, I know the drive is long and you are bored.









we went to Big Bear Lake dog park first before the hike, It was such a huge park but unfortunately it's under maintenance, the sign showed it will be reopen around March. 









so we entered the Woodland Trail, which is a 1.5 mile loop dry-woodland area








as always, I prefer a natural dirt path than a asphalt road when it comes to hike, so I am pretty satisfied.








I have read some articles talking about dog walking in these weeks, so instead of asking Actaeas to perform a perfect heel, this time I allowed him to walk freely and go sniff what ever he likes.








we can see the ski area from here, Actaeas really enjoyed the chill air.








people said Actaeas looks like a coyote









Actaeas can do a perfect stay, yap! but he doesn't like to look at the camera, he thinks this might be more natural and makes him looks cool in the shot









you can find numbers indicate the distance you have went so far










 Actaeas went sniff on each of the trees, didn't even miss one! I thought he doesn't understand all the dogie tree messages things but he does now today.








lucky we found some path covered with snow! so this will be Actaeas's first time seeing snow!



            me: Actaeas sit! let's take a photo of you with the SNOW!

            Actaeas: ah.......

            me: sit, so I can take some photos babe.

            Actaeas: ummm..... I don't think this is a good idea...

            me: what are you waiting for?

            Actaeas: if I sit here my butt will be frozen are you kidding me!

            me: come on! you are from Alaska! snow is in your blood!








sadly he wasn't crazy at snow, ended up with a partly squats pose and a unwilling face in this photo








we went to the lake shore after finished the hike 








Actaeas really enjoyed this amazing view as I did








now I hate myself do not have a full frame camera with a good lens







sniff sniff








at the end we got close to the water and washed his feet

Actaeas: TO COLD!!!!!!









perfect timing when we retrieved









Actaeas fell asleep on my lap, guess I was the only one enjoying the golden sunset










so surreal, lucky to have you to share this trip with me.





Actaeas

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...