January 26, 2014

[murmur] Mammy is back!!




Finally I am back in states, Actaeas was so happy to see me after a month, he is taller but forgot most of the manners I have taught him. I am still really thankful, Kai and Eva took a great care of him during my absence, thank you guys!! <3





I bought few new toys for Actaeas this week, (the pipes, bowling kong and the green ones are new) those are all interactive toys, because we have to do some training all over again, his separation anxiety and crate training became worst after I left, so I started to work him on stuffed toys in his crate everyday.






I didn't use any frozen meat or bananas in those toys because Actaeas can not hold his potty, I do not want him to pee in his crate after he conquered the toy, so I am still trying to find a better treat with low cal that I can use in these. 






It was quite frustrating to hear Actaeas cries in his crate or seeing him went potty all over the house, I talked to James about this matter, wondering how he did the house breaking with Chichi, It turned out the only thing I can do is to be more patient to Actaeas.





I spent 1 hour per day with Actaeas to practice staying in his crate (stay for 5 sec, let go, stay for another 10sec, give a treat, stay for 15 sec.... etc), also take him out for potty every few hours as well, I can see a little bit improvement after a week, hopping everything will be good again in the future.




Actaeas went through a blood test last Monday because I found blood in his urine, the bad news was his ALT, Alk Phosphatase and BUN numbers are too high, I suspect him might have a liver shunts because Actaeas doesn't thrive as big as the rest of the litters, poor weight gain, frequently having diarrhea...etc. 




I am wondering maybe this is also the reason why I found his body takes fish as protein batter than other meat sources, because a low protein diet is one of the most beneficial treatment options for dogs with this kind of  liver problem.




I am truly really worried so we scheduled him a bile acid test on next Saturday, all I can do is to keep my finger crossed and hope my guessing isn't true, just me being paranoid. If Actaeas does have liver shunt, his body might be intolerance to anesthetics or tranquilizers, this will be another problem we have to face during neutering operation.











I bought a spindle out of a crazy plan





this is not for you! you silly boy!




agrrrrrr.....




thank you for making my live easier Actaeas





I have been collecting his fur for half a year, so sick I know.




this is how it looks like





this is what I have got for an hour....




don't look at me like that! it wasn't an easy task, let's see what I can get a week later shall we?


Actaeas

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...