March 8, 2020

Vegas snowy hike and Red Rock Canyon (1)


We moved! Visit the same post on the new site here:

>> New Website <<


After me kept nagging about not traveling enough, we finally came to Vegas during Martin Luther King long weekend, although I wanted to go to Dixie National Forest, I had to admit it is a bit too far for us to handle for limited amount of time, drove all the way to Vegas and arrived around 1 am was the longest distance we could do on Friday after work.



we were greeted by Airbnb owner's dog Jax the next morning, Actaeas was oddly happy and loves this hyper friendly pup like I did.




To think anyone could enter Red Rock Canyon during noon is simply too naive, ridiculous lines of cars out side of the park made us drove straight up to Lee Canyon for Upper Bristlecone Trail for plan B, later realized this is also a packed ski resort area, lots of cars had to turn back but thankfully rangers didn't make hikers leave.


 



Besides this questionable sign about non detonated bombs made me wonder what could go wrong,  we jumped on to the trail almost too easy and own this entire snowy heaven ourselves.



  


The path is mostly berried with powdery snow, we followed a very faint trail zigzagging up to the top


  


I lost my phone two times that day, the second time the horror lasted for 20 minutes, when the sun hit on us during the search, me and Quentin both stopped digging to take pictures of this glorious moment, secretly hope another parson on the other side wouldn't notice. Would you look at that wood throne Actaeas was on!






after I had a whole debate in my head about whether I should go back into Iphone or stick with google for more reasonable price, I found my poor Pixel2 again, the conclusion of this debate can wait.






The night back at our Airbnb place was kind of a mess due to the couple next room, we weren't clear what actually happened, there were lots of aggressive yelling, threaten of calling cops and crying, they broke quite a lot of house rules, I usually get scared more especially when Actaeas is around, I want him to be 100% safe, although T mom thinks I am the calmest person she has ever met, things just don't get to my nerves easily when there's no unpredictable human factors involved.

Vegas snowy hike and Red Rock Canyon (2) >>


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...