January 3, 2020

2019 recap



We moved! Visit the same post on the new site here:

>> New Website <<




Somehow I stopped posting regularly for years, and yesterday I casually scrolled through phone photos because its been mad at me for weeks and sent out tons of notifications telling me to declutter, going through photos made me realized we actually had so much fun together in 2019, and every single moment is worth to be remembered. So here comes a long rambling recap of our 2019, when I looked back at pile of photos madness, they lit up memories i didn't know they were there and sparked joy in my heart, later I dug deeper and got all pictures out from my DSLR out as well.






To start out with a most unimpressive picture
I've been slacking at the very beginning on Jan 27 2019, we were at Sullivan Canyon Loop





⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣



Don't have the best photo but I treated Actaeas with a strawberry cake on Valentine's day, I shedded all my pretentious photography tricks when it comes to homemade food, past years I just want to feed him right after food is done, I think Actaeas doesn't mind as all.


 



⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣



Mar 10th was a delightful walk,  just two of us at our favorite park


  
    


Spring cloaked this area to the point that I can't even recognize, so much foliage and blooms.


  



⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣



Moving on to May 5 we went to Santa Paula Canyon and Punch Bowls Trail for a 7 miles hike



The trailhead is all the way back hidden behind Thomas Aquinas College campus, we had the Alltrails app on to help us finding the way.

  


There were a crazy excited dog pack braked at us behind the fens on the other side, it was a bit scary even spooked Actaeas.


  


Here we got lost and found rows of avocado trees and beehives, maybe not a good idea to let Actaeas get any closer to these.




Oh wait his face was not even in focus but everything else was, brilliant.




We found river there were some students on the other end chilling in the water like beavers occupying there territories, I thought going to a school like this must be great to have a forest connected to the front of your dorm room, summer time will be a blast, I would race my roommate to the river to ensure I have the best spot. 


  


Actaeas fell into the river once or twice, there was one time he tried to jump onto a rock right next to me but slipped, he left an angel shape water print as you can see in the picture, that certainly gave me a good laugh although I shouldn't be amused at all, but I am sure Actaeas was not hurt.




And we had pizza night to end the day, of course I made one for Actaeas, know you are jealous.


  



⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣



Made sushi for human and also Actaeas On June 2.


 



⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣



We went to San Diego on July 4th long weekend


  




First stop was Los Penasquitos Canyon Trail




Not a very exiting trail to be on, I have to admit I almost can't remember how it looks like, maybe that explains why I only have photos when we crossed the river.




Arrived at Airbnb place which was pretty much a shed with a tween bed in the backyard, no complains since booking a hotel in San Diego city with a dog costs a lot, and probably will not be as nice as this relaxing backyard with  soothing breeze, we sat outside most of the time when we were around. 


  


Took Actaeas to Lazy Dog Restaurant one of the nights, while we human had beer sampler he got his steak on rice.


  


Didn't bring my phone onto any beach so I only have one picture of Actaeas on the sand, we hopped through Ocean Beach Dog Beach, Coronado Beach & Dog Park, and some small walks in a day, Fiesta Island Dog Park was pretty much barren when we arrived so that was a skip.




We dropped Actaeas at Sydnee's Pet Grooming the last day because I couldn't book any play day with any daycare center without meet and greet ahead, grooming was perfect so we human will have time to walk around after checking out from the Airbnb place, also having Actaeas back into my car sparkling clean at the end of this vacation will be great, now I think back still convinced this is such a brilliant idea, imagine how dirty he was after crazy beach hopping and hikes.




Also this is Actaeas' first grooming experience, I was probably more worried than he was.



⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣



Oh did I mention I obtained plants obsessions in 2019? I bought Maranta cuttings and two rooted Calathea around July, they are none toxic pet friendly plants.
I also discovered an amazing blog called >>Leaf and Paw<<, great photography with informative contents, if you are considering introducing plants into your pet's life, I highly suggest you follow Anastasia, I love how she decorates her house too.


  



⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣



On Aug 16 we human went on a dry ice adventure after received a frozen dog food package from Chewy.com, probably not the safest nor smartest thing to do but we all turned into a 3 years old that afternoon, don't judge.


  



⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣



September 8th was a Big Bear Lake trip at Castle Rock Tail, its essentially me making excuses to go back to Big Bear Lake by throwing in a hike I did't really care, was also surprised that after so many years fooling around this area we did miss out visiting this pet friendly trail, how come?




 


this is a very rocky hike, we lost our way few times and made this less than 3 miles hike became way longer than it should be.




me and my brother had a conversation after I showed him this photo
brother : how is Actaeas not scared?
me : I believe after so many years living together, he knows his owner is a true psycho.


  
  


We took a turn to climb up to the Castle Rock Peak out of curiosity, I mean mainly Quentin's idea, I was secretly uninterested until I saw the intriguing bouldering challenge.


  


from the top we can see part of the Big Bear Lake.


  


and no my eyes don't grow on my forehead, I was pushing my sunglasses up obviously.


  


coming up and down these rocks weren't easy for dogs, we definitely gave him some helps and kept him really safe at all times. 




⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣



Oct 1 we went to a company event hosted by Wag Hotels for puppy play night while we parents were under a serious dog CPR training session with stunt dogs, I truly appreciate how my company puts efforts into something most of the people or even pet owners will think is unnecessary or redundant.


 


I had a friend laughed at me for joining this event but I dare anyone judge how I use my time without knowing how much Actaeas mean to me and what he been through, critical accident, emergency, multiple surgeries and a year of rehab, also I love animals, was once wanted to become a vet. The environment wasn't the best, but having a chance to not only refresh my memories but also putting this knowledge into practice was great.





⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣




Dec 27 we came to Rainforest Flora nursery, this place is specialized in air plants, the entire place does looks like a  mini rainforest, we also saw bunch of turtles diving into the pond when Actaeas walked by.


  


After I went all in on this house plant/ edible garden game in 2019, I learned that all nurseries are pet friendly, they are mustily outdoors obviously but even this indoor green house allowed us to take Actaeas in.





⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣



 Dec 15 we munched on a pine cone


  



⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣



on Dec 8 we walked to the lake side of the normal park we always go, found most of the shrub there put on festive bright red berries, almost too vibrant to be real


  



⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣



Dec 14 we brew coffee and took silly pictures together, oh wait I guess I had a headache that morning, please ignore the painkiller and 5 bottles of wine in the background. 

  



⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣



At last, on Christmas eve I offered Actaeas a huge chunk of prime rib, sadly no photo was taken because I got a flu and was terribly ill for nearly two weeks until the end of 2019. 

Above roughly concludes most of the spotlights in 2019, there were certainly more hikes we did with no pictures, our goals for 2020? stop being so lazy on updating my blog? probability won't happen.


Can't find a good photo to wrap up this post, how about a siblings fight?






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...