March 15, 2020

Vegas snowy hike and Red Rock Canyon (2)


We moved! Visit the same post on the new site here:

>> New Website <<


Actaeas refused to have his breakfast again, whenever he thinks we are about to head out, the over excitement usually cuts his appetite especially during a road trip like this, and later on goes onto a grass eating adventure to fill up his tummy... silly boy.





We entered the Red Rock Canyon successfully the next day early in the morning, this national conservation area is relativity small, Only one lane one way drive situation obviously forbidden travelers going the other direction, if you missed one stop there is no way going back, visitors will have to do another loop around, though we still saw some people insisted to back their car :(




I certainly had plans before visiting but the day we got here we decided to just stop to hike around wherever we feel like, although I don't remember where these pictures were taken, I still have all the GPS history on my phone. Technology! 






My DSLR didn't have battery life anymore in the very beginning because I accidentally turned it on while loading the car. Unfortunately this is not the first time it happens, I learned to cope with it already. The old model of Canon devices don't have an auto shut off protection when a camera is on for too long.



 


This accident gave me no choice but made this blog post into a mix phone and camera photos color shifting hybrid again, I am just too lazy to pull them all into Lightroom.






  
  


I wished we could see some white snow over red rocks display to make up not able to drive to Utah, but the warm temperature that day not only melted everything, also made me took off my hoodie.




We were pleasantly surprised by the vibrant colors around Calico Tanks Trail, it was close to noon and also an easier hike, more accessible for all ages, made us either had to run, or climb up to avoid the crowd. There were also a group of visitors hiking with a cat looks just like >>Salacia<<.


 


Quentin was annoyed by the kids and slow walking people by this point, we carried on went past the "abyss" and up to the vista point, encountered a lovely couple, the guy just proposed.




 I considered myself the worst possible audience they could get at the moment because I didn't scream nor jump for the lady when she flash her ring at us,  instead I said "Oh wow.", that's the best a socially awkward person can do.
This regret and embarrassment still stays with me until today. Quentin helped taking a ring display couple photo which I imagine will be shared and to be viewed by 100+ friends and family later on, where more appropriate excitement commons and likes will pour in eventually. Actaeas obviously couldn't care less but sniff around the cliff, I stood awkwardly by his side making plans for our dinner in my head.








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...