October 21, 2019

2019 Fall Walk



We moved! Visit the same post on the new site here:

>> New Website <<


This Fall we did tried to sync up our time with the Ti Family, but unfortunately they had to head out early in September, there weren't that much color going on that early so I had to make this hard decision to just let them go.


    


We started our trip on October 11, drove past this terrifying Saddleback fire, causes horrific traffic on I5 and bad air, I shut most of the windows before we left so Actaeas' little kitty sister should be fine.


pixel2

Our plan to arrive at Mammoth around 1 am ended up became 2:30 in the morning, Yosemite was our goal to reach for this trip, can't believe the last time I brought Actaeas here was five years ago, the time he was recovering from his car accident.


  


We packed some food from the breakfast place and headed to the national park on Saturday, soon enough I realized we came to this area too early, foliage were still mostly green.


  


I imagine California fall color became a thing just like California super bloom, we ran into more people than I ever experienced, parking spot was incredibly hard to find, and we weren't able to stop around lower Yosemite falls trailhead to have a dog friendly walk.


   


Had to admit I was disappointed but decided to not let this feeling sink in to affect what I feel about this road trip, we stopped at a lake to capture this beautiful sunset and called that a day.


   


The next morning we drove down to Bishop to explore along CA-168.




I felt so sorry we couldn't give Actaeas a proper walk at Yosemite yesterday, that's probably why he gave me this face.




We paused when ever there is something extraordinary to see, sometimes just by the road, sometimes we can walk deeper with Actaeas.


   


There is a 5 miles in out and back trail to Green Lake hiding behind Parchers Resort, 5 miles seems like nothing but little did I know 2000 feet constant elevation steep switchbacks distorted us, we give up half way around 3 pm.


  


Hours of drive back home made me felt like I never had a true weekend break, some people I talked to disagree with hours of car dive versus how much I get from a trip like this, but I don't think we will stop exploring, having curiosity and being active is the key to feel alive.




We miss Ti Family deeply, imagine how much color they can add to this trip if we were going together.
as usual, we didn't miss out this year, gold color rolled across north California, we walked under the trees and wondered about what we will see and where we will be at the next year of this exact same moment.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...