February 19, 2019

Devils Slide again



We moved! Visit the same post on the new site here:

>> New Website <<


Devils Slide is an unfinished hike from last year.
On 10th I thought this could be a perfect timing to take this challenge again after a good rain in early February. 

for last sunny visit see link down below








it didn't scare us that day even though we drove pass pouring rain also knew its going to snow in the mountains.
somehow Quentin didn't say anything to end my stubbornness.







 the visibility and the view we had was so different compare to last visit, there was no sun, windy in a black and white world.



   



the trail was full of ice chunks fell from the trees, looked just like piles of rock candies scattered everywhere, occasionally we will heard a drop from a distance away into the valley.







Quentin was sketched out by the idea that the ice will fall on us, and there is no way me as a girl can possibly drag him down the mountain if he goes unconscious. if its Actaeas says Quentin, I can put him into my backpack.







I wore only two layers but the hike kept me really warm, people walked passed us smiled at Actaeas and said he has the perfect jacket for this weather







we began this hike around 10 in the morning, and I was so determined to finish it thought 7 miles is nothing.



  




the higher we went the stronger wind blew, I forgot walking 7 miles in snow uphills is not as easy especially when I am still recovering from early injury.



    




after 2 hours we finally came to the place where we turned back last year
stopping to have a lunch made us went from warm to unbearable freezing cold



   



snow fell on Actaeas' head just like a dust of powdered sugar, he looked like nothing is bothering him, so thrilled and full of energy in snow, but I was tired, fingers felt like agony so immediately agreed to retrieve without any hesitation. 

lets try it again next year, maybe I will be able to finish this when I turn 90.










Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...