January 21, 2019

revisit Inspiration Point Loop/Cave of Munits



We moved! Visit the same post on the new site here:

>> New Website <<


me and Actaeas went back to two trails to start our 2019, the end of 2018 was quite rough for both of us, a big dog attacked him at the park just before Thanksgiving, Actaeas gone through a surgery so we stayed in for a month, and than right before Christmas I cracked my ribs so that's that.





   



its a path to our recovery here, the first walk we did was the inspiration point loop in Will Rogers State Historic Park, which we came in October 2017 but I didn't post any photo of that visit, below is the picture 2 years ago of us on the bench.



we have walked together in the shadow of a rainbow  
by Robert P. Wells






Will Rogers State Historic Park is a nice place if you are looking for a chill walk, parking costs $12 unless you can find a spot way down around the neighborhoods, but no parking allowed on the streets daytime on Saturday and Sundays.



   






the next weekend on Jan 20 we came back to the Victory Trail, see previous visit post below






the last time me and Actaeas were just wondering around by ourselves without any plan, we gone straight to the left side after entering the park






this time we were here to find the Cave of Munits, which is only 0.8 miles away to the right.






we came with Quentin, Jose, Sally and Jonathan, they were so worried about Actaeas not able to climb or go down through rocks without getting hurt.



   




me and Actaeas had gone through way intense hikes so I am certain he can handle this tiny cave, but my friends did not believe me, they tried to carry Actaeas around, completely ignored me when I told them Actaeas is okay on his feet. I guess I should be happy that my friends care so much about his safety.







lands are covered with burned down vegetation and new growth creates a weird mix of dark and bright green scenery. It's ironic we were all amazed by how green it looks right now in LA, and joked about what we experience here will be all brown and dry in few months.




   



we had rain for a week last week, I hope we can get more later because I can't wait for the spring to come, wild flowers need more than that.



   



on our way back we found a Christmas ornament hanging on a burned tree, who ever done this I admire your dark humor.






I took Actaeas and Quentin to the Blu Jam Cafe and ordered the same Italian breakfast, people who work there were once again screaming when they saw Actaeas :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...