February 28, 2019

2019 wildflowers hunt (1)


We moved! Visit the same post on the new site here:

>> New Website <<


I am starting this post with Actaeas' funny face, he can always impress me with the range of his facial expressions, cracks me up everytime when I go through our pictures after the trip.







reading news about potential superbloom in 2019 also refreshing California Wildflower Report page intensively, I saw a pictures of poppies popping up taken near Lake Elsinore, voila!






I talked to Quentin about this trip, lightly mentioned "its a bit far" and just like I was hoping for, he didn't pay attention to the distance, ended up trapped in this 2 hours drive with me and Actaeas again. 







we should find somewhere closer next weekend, he said, I bet there are other good places to go within 30-40 minutes drive.
No there aren't, flowers are popping up here. 
is this worth the drive?
yes.






I was determined and told him I can't guarantee a near by hiking location because superbloom is going to happen, and we want to go back to Carrizo Plain again!







this trail had no shade, it didn't bother us in the mid February, but it was really popular the day we came, luckily parking here is easy.
wait.. Actaeas are you eating flowers??? spit it out!!







living in LA for 9 years makes me starting to like rain, because it means vibrant colors comes after.



  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...