November 5, 2018

color hunting in 2018 (1)



We moved! Visit the same post on the new site here:

>> New Website <<

Autumn color swept through Northern California in October, we changed our plan from visiting during Thanksgiving to driving north right after work on October 19, just few weeks after Ti Family did. we missed the peak in north lake, but discovered so much more.






    




I ran out of kibbles before this trip, but feeding Actaeas commercial food always worries me, so I dehydrated our home made meal into jerky like pieces as well as some dried fish treats for this adventure. Actaeas was really pleased with his food.






we drove to Bishop on Friday night, a fried of mine who came a week earlier told me the temperature went down to 35F at night, it was miserable because somehow the room he stayed the heater was broken. I love cold more than heat, and I believe Actaeas agrees with me on this one too, the day we slept there we didn't turn on the heater, air was crisp and wonderful.






everything was great until the next morning I found out Danny's changed their menu, and my go to apple cranberry salad was removed...
 we came to McGee Creek Campground after my sad breakfast, I made such a lazy plan this time, just some random pins on my google map, and  McGee Creek is one of them.






aspens growing along this mountain stream, its banks covered with so many golden leaves that I had to stand really close to the edge to have a peek down.







the sun was almost too bright like what I remembered in San Francisco, chill air with blazing sunshine, I felt too warm after walking for 5 minutes and wanted to seek for shades.



    





 we found some coverage, but not for too long, Quentin said this fall is quite different than his home town, here we see mostly green and yellow.



    



for parts of the hike we tiptoes through the stream



    



but the higher we hiked, the less interesting the view became, so we turned back without knowing how far this trail extends.















we stopped by June lake, I was a bit scared to see it because Ti mom became really emotional when she visited old places around here we used to go, I miss those play dates as much as she does.








it turned out to be just me over thinking because I didn't even remember the right path to the lake shore... 




    



we drove all around the lake 2 times and I made a decision to drop our car by the street and maneuvered down to an unfamiliar rocky area. the place we played water sports years ago was actually right across, if we were on the other side this lake could provide the perfect mirror for the colorful trees.







we continued the search for fall colors toward Lee Vining






didn't take too long until we ran into this spot witch looks so familiar to me, its actually the place we dropped by in 2014 with Ti Family, but a horrible headache forced me into sleeping in the car that day so I didn't get a chance to look around.



    




I stepped into this random area fill with yellow aspens, this is not a trail, just a bunch of colorful foliage decided to live together in the middle of nowhere.













we saw ravishing fall color on both sides of the road before entering Silver Lake parking lot,
Actaeas decided to lay on a pile of mud so I might as well take a photo of him with early sunsetting on my phone.



time to find us dinner, hunts can wait.











Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...