July 4, 2018

June at Palos Verdes Bluffs and Rubio Canyon Trail



We moved! Visit the same post on the new site here:

>> New Website <<


what's up guys! let's talk about June! I have been taking Actaeas out to self dog wash store for quite a while, I finally decided I can't handle having a massive hair storm in my house every time after a shower, I still prefer to give him a bath by myself but dealing with cleaning its just too much.










 Palos Verdes Bluffs is one of the places we visited in June, maybe we gone to the wrong side of the entrance we were so confused because the trail is hidden behind a golf course, Palos Verdes Bluffs is more of a walking path not much a hike.




    




you can see signs everywhere and they also provide poop bags along the way, but its a bit unclear where dogs can go where they can not, also the majority of this path is on a wide dirt road with zero shade, be careful to get burned!








so we finally got a clear idea that dogs are not allowed to down to the beach




      




ocean view is just okay, Actaeas definitely did not enjoy the heat building up




     




we did not set up this photo shoot, when Actaeas found these flowers, he immediately dove in to hide under the mini shade.








thank god Quentin helped to carry Actaeas back, I did not expect this temperature especially by the beach, we saw other dogs dodging sun on our way out, I think to visit here in a cooler weather will maybe bring us a better experience, but still I will not describe it pretty.














    



few weeks later we came to Rubio Canyon Trail, because I saw some photos with shades, worth a try I guess?








the entrance located at a drive way turn, in between 2 houses, look closely or you will miss it




    




this trail feels abandoned, no one is maintaining it, we saw wires and broken pipes along the way








there were a bit of shade here and there as we went down, when we reach to the bottom I saw several filthy puddles full of flies where sun couldn't hit, I screamed when Actaeas tried to drank from it, and of course that gave him an unpleasant diarrhea the next morning.








on the website listed this is a out and back hike, but we actually found a way to make it a loop trail, so coming back we didn't have to go pass water again




    



there were shades, but still not enough, Actaeas' tail started to drop







I feel bad for this little one








we tried to carry him for a short distance on the way back, because whenever he tried to find shade Actaeas got foxtails all over his feet, I imagine it must be really painful to walk with needles between your toes :(










oh btw, we did the "what the fluff challenge" too, I guess my kids are just way too calm for this game
i can see "what are you doing? are you 5?" on their faces








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...