June 21, 2018

June river crossing fun at Michael D Antonovich Trail



Actaeas just had a bobble bath few days ago, he was all sparkly and puffy, but yeh, not sure what's going on in my brain, I decided to take a walk around here at Michael D Antonovich Trail brought us tones of river crossing fun which also cause dirty paws and muddy tummy of course...






    




although the elevation gain of this out and back trail is only 400 feet marked as easy on AllTrails website,  but a 6 miles walk its quite long as an easy hike.








there is no shade for the first 0.6 mile, after we went down even further we found more and more coverage




    


our favorite part is there are LOTS of stream crossings! so much fun and good for cooling Actaeas down during a warm weather.
if you are not good at tiptoe across small rocks, be sure to wear waterproof boots for this hike!








something about this swing, I just couldn't help myself but jump on it when we first walk pass and also back out








Actaeas' tail is like a power indicator, it tells me whether he is too tired or too hot 








he kept his happy fluffy tail curled up all the way for a good 2 hours, that was quite rear for Actaeas who runs around with a winter jacket on, paws dipping in streams definitely helped.








one thing I found scary about this area was that the trail was COVERED in poison oak, like literately
C-O-V-E-R-E-D
 I wish I am exaggerating but nope, we've never hiked a place like this before, beware!








its not hard to navigate for 6 miles, there are signs and also no signs everywhere...
like come on people!!

 :(




    




I saw someone gave this trail 4 stars because he found river crossing made it unpleasant, that's unbelievable! we love it! and I was so excited to find this lovely spot.
the water level is lower than what we experienced at east fort bridge to nowhere, but shades it provides its uncomparable, check out our older posts!













I got curious how the trail end looks like but turned out to be an oh... okay...

way back was also quite enjoyable until we hit the last 0.6 mile uphill under a burning sun








hi cutie! your paws are lot cleaner but we still have to do something about that before you jump on me














Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...