June 1, 2018

Bill Cull to Monrovia Canyon Falls



We moved! Visit the same post on the new site here:

>> New Website <<


we went to Arcadia without a plan that afternoon. I've been searching for a new good hike in Los Angeles after I came back from Kauai, but view I experienced and  trails I hiked in Hawaii and Iceland just made LA landscapes look extra sad, I blacked out every time I opened up trail websites.
this made me started to wonder if traveling is a good influence to myself or actually the other way around. 


    




but I believe how "good" the view is might not be as important to Actaeas, I persuaded myself having quality time together and some fresh air are all he actually needs, it does no good keep holding back and nitpicking about surrounding areas, we have to go out!!!




    



I took Actaeas out lunch with me, we wondered off and drove to a near by Bill Cull trailhead not knowing what to expect, it's a 0.9 mile in and out easy baby hike what can go wrong?










this trail belongs to Monrovia Canyon Park, $5 parking during the week, $6 on weekends, the ranger told us there is a waterfall at the end about 2 more miles add to Bill Cull trail, if people who don't feel like hiking that distance, you can drive to the upper parking lot, from there will be only 0.9 mile to touch the water.




    




we decided to start at the lower parking lot for that 3 miles of course 💪








the elevation gain is slow and only about 680 ft, more like a walk, though Actaeas was really excited.









after first mile I was surprised by how much green we got from here, down in the Canyon is humid and fill with foliage.





     



we came here on weekday late afternoon, only met 10 people, I definitely recommend to come here during summer time because 80% of the way is well shaded.






     




It was a relaxing pleasant walk for us, Actaeas had some fun walking in a tiny stream, the only down side will be muddy paws, but we don't mind.








you are going to jump up and down in my car and wipe your paws on me later don't you?




    




backing out, we went down the wrong path and popped out at the upper parking lot, it's not that hard to go back in and navigate back on trail, I thought I am so smart but when we got back to the lower lot I found restroom locked, it says they close it everyday at 4:30pm, and it was 4:32pm... tears











on our way home I bought a bag of chestnuts, Actaeas was amazed and really want it, he is a 100% meat lover, also loves cheese and ice cream but that's pretty much it, he is not food driven, training was tricky sometimes in the past.

today Actaeas came back to me after I offered him a tiny chunk of chestnut, how interesting! you don't even like peanut butter!














Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...