September 9, 2014

Lake Tahoe Day 2 : Boating - the day right before accident



The next morning we headed to south Lake Tahoe for the boat rental, they counted dog as a person so we had to rent a 8 people boat and a jet ski

not much to say, this is a photo diary






my friends were so kind, they spent more than they should just to cover Actaeas' boat ticket








I am sure you are one of the most luckiest dogs to be on a boat








I had to put a life jacket on Actaeas so he could wear a Kurgo gopro harness, you are too skinny!








we also got a boat tube, but I didn't let him get on it although he really wanted to...








Actaeas just had to be at the very front of the boat








finally we left the dock so we could speed up to 40 mph, it doesn't sound fast at all but the boat was actually jumping on the water surface, so much fun!








Actaeas really enjoyed the speed, he even climbed to the tip of the boat, I was so scared he will fall off, so I  held him super tight at all times.








Actaeas kept checking the water when ever we stopped

you are not going to jump from this hight are you?








sometimes he even hang his legs out of the boat








when we were checking on the map, Actaeas suddently stood up








he gave me a look, I was like, you look so handsome my boy, I am going to take whole bunch of photos of you! so I can brag about it! .... oh wait...








he jumped off the boat in the next second, he was the first one who got into the lake that day








jet skis are not for dogs, he could only stay on the boat and watch, I wished I could take him with me but it's too dangerous.

when it's my turn to ride, Actaeas almost jumped off the boat because he realized I am not taking him...








I still remember how your tail looks like, and how pretty it is, you lost so much fur after the car accident, some say it might be taken away by the tire, some said ground. I am not sure I really want to know what happened, just so glad you can still wag at me, that's the only thing that matters.








the car accident happened right after we got home

it's Sunday and the coming Monday was Labor day, really bad timing 

I also remember when I saw you crying in my arms, and your blood was all over my cloth, I told you if you can't bear the pain, just go, because there is nothing to regret, we have been to so many beaches, hiked most of the dog friendly trails in California, we played in the snow, smelled the spring flowers, you had yummy home made food every single day, had a birthday party, made so many cool friends, you even went on a boat too!








check out Actaeas' happy day








now you are still here with me, it's my responsibility to keep you safe, I had failed last time, but it will not happen again, I will always, always have your back










Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...