March 9, 2014

Valentine's Day and Nesco Dehydrator combo



Figured I should write something about 2/14 (I know its long time ago...) and I decided to wait until I can get my hands on the Dehydrator I borrowed from Tissue's mom, so here comes the combo


I made a special Valentine's Day meal for Actaeas that day after work






chopped the beef into small pieces and grounded it with my food processor








filled the ground beef into a bone shape cookie cutter, slowly fried the meat with coconut oil into a patty 







placed it on a plate with 4 thin slices of apple and a heart shape home made tomato puree, and done!





we could't take a good phot of him eating his dinner, Actaeas finished it in 30 seconds :)










for the Nesco Dehydrator, we let it ran over night for 7 hours that day






I got up at 6 in the morning next day, the first thing i did was rush to the machine but not take Actaeas out for potty, I am a horrible mom









I have to say, this is so much fun!, And the result is unbelievable. I didn't try the jerky but dried bananas taste so good...








the result looks amazing too, the beef jerky is really easy to tear into small pieces for training rewords .








Actaeas loves all of them







it's a great treat for him after potty






he never pees at home anymore, so I went on to make dry strawberries also more bananas 






to make dried strawberries was a wrong move, after strawberries turned dry they loose a lot of flavors, but Actaeas still loves them





we are going to get one dehydrator for our house, right Actaeas?


Actaeas

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...