March 21, 2018

Dawn Mine and Sunset Trail Loop



We moved! Visit the same post on the new site here:

>> New Website <<


we came to Dawn Mine Trail one day in February, this trail is listed as hard on All Trails website, but base on most of the reviews, people
think this is a moderate and beautiful hike, and I second that, Dawn Mine could very well be our new favorite hike.










we were pretty confused in the beginning because there was not much sign to follow, I finally pulled out my phone before we lost
 reception, thanks to All Trails map recording we were able to make sure walking on the right track which was surprisingly useful,
didn't know why I never thought about giving that app a try in the pass.




   




after we saw a small house, we took the left side went down into the canyon and followed the stream all the way up to the mine, its well
shaded forested valley.








the mine part was a bit disappointing and not much to see, but the hike was really peaceful and pretty. 




   




after we looped back via Sunset Trail, I was stunned








 I turned back and told Quentin

 I am not gonna lie, I really like this hike because of how beautiful and secluded it is.




   




trail back we took was very narrow and gravel, although some people complained about this part and think doing a loop isn't worth it,
 but I enjoyed the view Sunset Trail provides more than down in the canyon,  and I also think taking Dawn Mine first than loop back on 
Sunset trail is a better choice.









sunset could give us a different experience if we stayed in the mountains longer, the sky erupted into a blaze of fiery oranges and reds
, we stopped our car to take this photo with my phone, I became too lazy that rarely have other long lenses with me on hike anymore.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...