January 19, 2015

Winter Wonderland Oregon(3) - Dillon Falls/ Tumalo Falls



We moved! Visit the same post on the new site here:

>> New Website <<


even thought I spent a lot of time to plan our trip ahead
but I didn't know we can't get any closer to the Lakes during winter...
we cut off all the Lake visits and picked 2 water falls the forth day






it snowed a lot in the morning
we went to the visitor center to make sure all the roads are still open before we left the town








when we arrived at Dillon Falls, there was no one there, snow covered all the tracks, we parked our car near the small lake because the car can't go any further without spinning








and we were so scared because no one can be sure where the edge of the lake is
even the water surface is covered with snow








we kept yelling at all the pups to stay away from the lake








Actaeas was way too happy to play in deep fluffy snow








I finally put on my gloves because I can't feel my hands anymore
the down side was I can't feel the camera after I have gloves on








plus the heavy snow, that day was so much fun and out of control








look at you! you have a snow beard!








and I was so surprised, Actaeas' coat doesn't catch snow
he can get them off with a single shake








this is how a not snow-proof coat looks like








it could even turns into snow ping pong balls







we should move to Iceland since you are built for snow








the track on the snow might be from someone else's ski in the early morning








little snow tank








my camera were covered with snow already, but we couldn't stop taking photos








the Dillon Falls wasn't far away, about a mile away only








another fail, I was so disappointed
 the water was all yellow, forgive me I don't even want to put the photo here...








also felt really sorry for Tissue and Tinkerbell, they were drowning in snow








another Christmas card photo get!








what a handsome wolf!








I wasn't crazy for the water fall but the river was very pretty
I didn't stay for too long because I was worry about Actaeas get too close to the water
don't think I'll be able to get him out if he fall








let's stay away from the potential danger, my heart is really fragile recently...








man you need a shave!








we walked back and drove to Tumalo Falls, It was 2:30 already
 the snow didn't stop and finally deeper than Actaeas








watch out! a snow alligator is coming!!








he was having great fun creating a snow maze








strong wind came occasionally, I had to walk backwards to protect my gear








we met a guy riding a snow mobile that day, the gasoline smelled horrible when ever he drove by








Tiru refused to walk, we created a backpack with T mom's jacket so she can carry her around








these two girls shivered like an old man has Parkinson's, we can't walk any faster








people told us we have to walk for another 2 hours to get to the water fall
we were not even half way there...








are you going to kill us?








SNOW CANON BALL!!!!!








ATTACK!!!!








we started to walk back around 4:00pm, gave up on reaching the waterfall
or we will need a rescue team later on for sure








this was our last day in snow, I love this city so much better than LA












Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...