September 5, 2014

Actaeas 車禍全記錄 (4)




I gave up on buying $400 round trip flight, not only because it's too expansive at last minute, also Actaeas had never be on a airplane before, I am not sure he will be okay with it, so we drove all the way up to San Francisco last night after work, arrived at the hotel at 3am today, and went up to UC Davis in the afternoon, super exhausted!

I am so lucky my work lead understands Actaeas is more than a pet for me, so he offered me a day off to go north







after we got there, Dr. Majeski showed me what happened to Actaeas' pelvis









also the result of the surgery, he is going to turn into wolverine 
during the time she went throughout the home care details, I heard someone came into the room, and I turned around









I couldn't describe my feelings, I was all tears
Actaeas looks so messed up, but this is how a true fighter should look like am I right?

the skin and underlying tissues of his left hind limb were significantly bruised and unhealthy in appearance, I have to continue monitor the remaining skin surrounding the incision, hopefully the underlying tissues will heal as the overlying skin sloughs off, or he might need a revision surgery in the future to close the wound.









Actaeas won't eat a thing other than cheese, they provided him a whole buffet, he still didn't eat much
she also told me he growled at one of the clinicians, who is a guy, I was not suprised because Actaeas loves girls, and he will never EVER let a stranger man touch him

thank you so much for bringing him back to me, and thank you for proving the other vet was so wrong









Actaeas won't let me leave his sight
you look like a raw turckey now, you really need to put on your pants!









I took him out for pee before hit the road, he was doing a great job, but it's also heart broken to see him limped like that








first smile he gave me after we got in the car, you know we are finally going home don't you

we only stopped once, took us 7 hours to get back to so cal, he yelped few times because of the pain, other wise Actaeas was pretty comfortable in his crate and ate a lot of food.








Actaeas' little sis misses him a lot, she went up to check on him immediately 









after I gave him Tramadol (pain medication), he became so sleepy









I gave him warm compress around incision and stomach for 10 minutes each, Actaeas really liked it









it's pretty scary looking, but this is a lesson we both have to learn

and you really need to put on your pants!









first meal at home, it's beef stew with rice, carrot and sweet pepper, I put a book underneath to make the table higher so Actaeas can reach it easier without standing


It was a nightmare for both of us, it's hard but this makes us feel alive
I am so lucky I still have you by my side, I will keep taking photos of you and make more wonderful memories for ourselves
nightmare will ends when we all wake up, so don't worry, we will walk through this together

in the future, unless your too tired you want to sleep and never wake up, or I will never ever ever ever give up on you




<<Actaeas 車禍全記錄 (3)               Back on foot (1) >>




很感謝當時跟我一起在事發當場的人
除了替情緒不定的我開車,更處處照顧驚慌失措的我,我跟Actaeas才會有機會走到今天

Somon, Tintin, Jane, John 還有Cedric













Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...