September 25, 2020

2020 Labor Day We Broiled In The Arizona Sun (3)


We moved! Visit the same post on the new site here:

>> New Website <<


I woke Quentin and TT up at 1 am in the morning, yes you are right, 1 am.
This time we were fully aware that the time shift will happen again at our destination, which is about 3 and half hours away at Grand Canyon. It's a bit of a detour, but still "on our way" back to LA right? I loaded both of them into the car without giving anyone a chance to reject this drive.


We timed it perfectly to enter the south rim of the national park around 5:00am, I made a few right turns towards Shoshone Point. TT was obviously confused by being awake this early and hiking in dark, Quentin on the other hand snapped awake when he caught a glimpse of the burning sky.





There were only us and 2 other couples at the Shoshone Point lookout, I was so proud of myself for figuring out this relatively unpopular location. We avoided all the "best sunrise locations at Grand Canyon" on google search but still rewarded by this incredible view.




Didn't take me too long to realize one of the visitors was here to propose, the other two people were photographers in disguise. During the epic ring out moment Quentin was totally oblivious, busy either talking about the scenery or finding the best angle to take a picture of me.


  


While the couple were trying to take selfies, I was very close jumping in to help, that selfie moment was actually an act so the lucky guy could lure his girlfriend on to the spot. "I almost ruined their play" I told Quentin “We are lucky stars, everywhere we went people had a successful proposal.”
he couldn’t care less.


  


The happy couple and two photographers left us with the amazing sunrise right after she said yes, I couldn't help but felt excited to own this quiet moment with just TT and Quentin, also picturing some unpleasant crowds at other hot sunrise vista locations in Grand Canyon, it is quite evil as a human being like me feeling satisfied while imagining other people's misery.


 


The trail to the lookout is about a mile hike, the time we walked back was already bright, all the dark spooky shadows we saw on our way in turned into normal rocks and tree branches. We also saw some giant deer enjoying their breakfast but a day later realized those were just normal size elk.





After swallowing our last unimpressive dry sandwiches in the car, we came to realize the rest were molded, thankfully we have to worry about social distancing no more. The last stop of this trip was at the Grandview Point.


  


Dogs aren't allowed to go down to the trail, we met some earlier birds here. There was a kid asking his dad loudly "Why would anyone want a coyote as a pet?" while pointing his finger at TT.


 


I would I thought, I totally would.
It around 8:30 am, time to say goodbye to this place TT, we have more adventures to come, you'll see.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...